Are you experiencing debilitating pain, tingling and numbness in your feet and hands? They are likely caused by Peripheral Neuropathy. Skyline Health Group offering Peripheral Neuropathy treatment in Van Nuys, Dr. Anthony Silva, DC follows a whole-body approach to peripheral neuropathy treatment. He can help you understand the root cause of your neuropathy, whether that’s an injury, uncontrolled diabetes, or nutritional deficiencies and what steps you can take to improve your health condition.
What is Peripheral Neuropathy?
Peripheral Neuropathy can occur without any warning signs. It is caused when peripheral nerves going from the brain and spinal cord to the arms, hands, legs, and feet are damaged or destroyed. They stop carrying messages from the brain and spinal cord to the rest of the body. This interruption in communication between the brain and other parts of the body can impair muscle movement, prevent normal sensation in the arms and legs, and cause pain. Some common sign & symptoms:
- Tingling or prickling in your feet or hands
- Sharp, jabbing, throbbing, freezing or burning pain
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Loss of balance
- Muscle weakness or dysfunction if motor nerves are affected
According to a study an estimated 30 million Americans suffer from some or the other type of Peripheral Neuropathy.
Causes of Peripheral Neuropathy:
- Trauma or pressure on the nerve
- Chemo-Induced Neuropathy
- Autoimmune diseases
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Inherited disorders
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Protein Abnormalities
- Kidney failure
- Chronic Alcoholism
In a number of cases, no cause can be identified it is called Idiopathic Neuropathy.
Treatment for Peripheral Neuropathy:
The conventional treatment option available for peripheral neuropathy includes medication to alleviate its symptoms. Prescription drugs such as Gabapentin, Neurontin, Lyrica and Cymbalta are most commonly used for neuropathy treatment. Unfortunately, these prescription drugs may relieve the pain that neuropathy can cause, but they won’t treat the underlying conditions. However, chiropractic care offer sufferers a non-invasive, drug-free yet effective way to treat this condition.
Peripheral Neuropathy treatment in Van Nuys
Our non-invasive, drug free and effective treatment program can help you alleviate your Peripheral Neuropathy symptoms by treating the root cause, not just by masking them. Various treatment procedures Skyline Health Group offering for Peripheral Neuropathy treatment in Van Nuys are:
- Hako Med Horizontal Electro-therapy: A non-invasive, safe and effective treatment option for clinical pain management and neuropathy relief. Only procedure that allows both bioelectrical and biochemical components treatment in one session. The device produces and delivers electronic, biologically effective signals that can be used to heal the peripheral nerves without invasive operations.
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS): TENS uses electrodes placed on the skin near the location of pain. A gentle electric current is delivered through these electrodes at varying frequencies.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy is to increase your circulation to your feet and legs. It can help to decrease pain and muscle aches, reduce stress and anxiety, and promote overall wellness and relaxation.
- Physical therapy: It can help improve your range of motion by targeting weakened muscles.
- Nutritional Counseling: We provide specific recommendations on nutritional supplements and healthy food choices to enhance our patient´s return to optimal health.
- Lifestyle Advice: Our lifestyle advice helps patients avoid further injuries and step on to a faster recovery path.
Do you suffer with Peripheral Neuropathy? Suffer no more! Get relief with no surgery, no side effects, no shots or addictive medications. Contact Skyline Health group, Van Nuys for a proven long-term solution today. Call Now 818-922-7755